Tuesday 15 May 2018

Dance of Bronze 17

Slowly another 6mm Macedonian Phalanx moves forward; painted in less time than it took to trim, glue and base them in ranks of seven.





When viewed next to their colleagues the effect of massed 6mm figures does really work on the table. There will be more from this period in both 6mm and 28mm across the rest of this year as moving towards Basic Impetus again as rules of choice for Ancients.

Next up will be some work in progress pictures of these guys bigger brothers that have been cluttering the painting table since December '17.

Cheers for now

6 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

6mm ancients do look good en masse especially dense pike blocks.

Phil said...

Very nicely done, impressive mass effect!

BigLee said...

Very nice looking unit. I did a load of pike phalanxes last year and made the mistake of buying the open handed versions so I could add my own pikes (I used dress pins). Absolute nightmare to assemble. Lets just say I gave a lot of blood for that unit! By the end I wish I had bought the type with the pike cast as part of the figure.

Michael Awdry said...

Amazing detail on something so small.

Dont press the red button said...

Very nice, i should arrange a game with you using my 6mm figures, may spur you on to complete more bases of these fabulous infantry.

roma912 said...

Thanks everyone.

Russ, ironically I under coated the next phalanx this evening 😀. Would up for that game at some point.

Cheers, Ross