Wednesday 11 November 2020

Fury of the North 25

These maybe venerable sculpts from Foundry's range of Normans however, they are still great figures that have lasted the tests of time. 


Amongst some of the first historical miniatures bought circa 1996 as the move from purely fantasy figures started to gain momentum


These have been waiting to be finished over the the last year and will be joining others from this range for general use in Dark Ages skirmishing games and as mercenaries in WAB. When these games will be who can say. 


There are currently another four figures from this range on the painting table that will be finished across the remainder of November. 


 Hope that you found this interesting. 


Cheers for now. 

8 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Great old sculpts. I've got stacks of these myself.

Jonathan Freitag said...

These are good sculpts, still. So, you switched from fantasy to historicals? May I ask at what age you made the transition? I have been working with WSS' Great Wargaming Survey and this is a question that comes up time and again.

tradgardmastare said...

They are great figures indeed. You have done them proud.

Neil Scott said...

Lovely old sculpts. Still have a few in my Norman army

roma912 said...

Thanks Ray!

roma912 said...

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the comments really do appreciate your continued interest in my blog.

I have sent you a detailed answer through blogger's email link,let me know if you get it.

The short answer is 25. Age wasn't the main factor though; reading was and is still a huge driver in both what I paint and game.

Thanks, Ross

roma912 said...

Thank you!

roma912 said...

Thanks Neil, they really are quality figues that many people will agree on.