Friday 4 October 2013

Back to the Brushes 73

Spending a bit time trying to finish up some loose ends on the painting table at present as well as working on the Sassanids. Below are some pictures of a figure from Claymore Castings that is being painted to the instructions of David Imrie from Saxon Dog - an excellent blog if you haven't already seen it. The painting style is different from my current style especially with the white undercoat but gives excellent results. Everything apart from the armour is directly from David's tutorials; the armour has had additional layers added to make it stand out more.


There is still a bit of work needed to finish this figure off and when completed it will used for a Songs of Blades and Heroes warband.


Sassanids to follow over the next few days.

Cheers for now.

5 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Like the figure and looking fwrd to seeing the SBH band.
Cool Sassinds BTW.
cheers
Alan

Monty said...

Good work! Is the tutorial you refer the .pdf tutorial? If you have a copy, I'd love it. I can't get my hands on it and I can't find any tutorial on his site after after the wash.

me:

m_luhmann @ yahoo dot com

DeanM said...

Nice WIP on an equally nice sculpt. I am partial to this period armor - particularly the bascinet. Best, Dean

El Grego said...

Very nice! I have that exact figure sitting in my lead hill as well...

roma912 said...

Thanks to all for the comments. The figure is now completed and will be based shortly.

Cheers, Ross